Sunday, September 23, 2007

Travels: Randomness to the East

The grass is always greener—an overused cliché, but a valid one nonetheless. I tend to seek new beginnings as a way to combat complacency; I entertain ideas of moving to random places, looking for the perfect spot—seeking an area that fits. My trip to the East Coast opened my eyes to the fact that I'm proud to be a West Coast kid: I'm proud to have been raised in sunny California; I love being from a place that leads the world in innovation, ideas & action, and, of course, film & art (having lived abroad, the level of influence that California has—with regards to art and entertainment—is insane); I love being from a place that values good health, good sushi, and good coffee.

More on grass chat some other day.

A quick side: It's not easy to maintain a blog. There is a ton I want to write about, but finding the time/setting is tough. I'm one of the people who needs a comfortable setting to write: dim lighting, no surrounding chaos, etc. To those who care, hang in there.

I've decided to suspend the beginning-middle-end writing rule—such posts are becoming a bit daunting and trite. Randomness is much more efficient and fun. Let's try:

More NYC/Maryland pictures (taken from my brother's camera) will be posted soon.

I wonder if I still have any readers? I use to have thousands.

I think I am going to start a screenplay; I think I've been saying that for years. I think I'm serious this time. You can't quit if you haven't started.

My brother passed along a good article on making the perfect cup of coffee—Thanks Ry.

If this happens I would cry—seriously.

Is it weird that I love using the emdash (—)? I use it way too much, but I can't help it—I love it. It's almost as good as the colon and semicolon. Sometimes I convince myself that I use these 3 tools correctly.

I think it's time to go.

Coop