Source: ZenHabits
Post: "Lessons in Productivity from Ralph Waldo Emerson"
I am nowhere close to where I want to be in terms of productivity. I never want to feel satisfied. Is there anything worse than apathy and complacency?
"Emerson eliminated distractions by limiting the amount of books he read, streamlining “lower duties” like household chores, and avoiding relationships with people whose nervous temperaments upset his focus. While today there are many more distractions than in Emerson’s day, we too can reduce our information consumption. Put Haiku Productivity in practice by limiting the amount of stuff you own, RSS feeds you read, and times you check email. By doing so, you’ll create an environment"...
and
“Ah!” said a brave painter to me, thinking on these things, “if a man has failed, you will find he has dreamed instead of working. There is no way to success in our art, but to take off your coat, grind paint, and work like a digger on the railroad, all day and every day--RW Emerson” ... (keep reading)
Today's Related RSS fodder: "The Howard Roark of Engineering"
---
A frothy Guinness to you for stopping by and another for coming back,
Stagekid
Post: "Lessons in Productivity from Ralph Waldo Emerson"
I am nowhere close to where I want to be in terms of productivity. I never want to feel satisfied. Is there anything worse than apathy and complacency?
"Emerson eliminated distractions by limiting the amount of books he read, streamlining “lower duties” like household chores, and avoiding relationships with people whose nervous temperaments upset his focus. While today there are many more distractions than in Emerson’s day, we too can reduce our information consumption. Put Haiku Productivity in practice by limiting the amount of stuff you own, RSS feeds you read, and times you check email. By doing so, you’ll create an environment"...
and
“Ah!” said a brave painter to me, thinking on these things, “if a man has failed, you will find he has dreamed instead of working. There is no way to success in our art, but to take off your coat, grind paint, and work like a digger on the railroad, all day and every day--RW Emerson” ... (keep reading)
Today's Related RSS fodder: "The Howard Roark of Engineering"
---
A frothy Guinness to you for stopping by and another for coming back,
Stagekid
