Saturday, June 30, 2007

Randomness Unveiled

Enter Randomnessa free association if you will. A new addition emerges; welcome to my head: a blog degeneration or an inevitable evolution? we'll see. Most won't care for these daily/weekly tidbits so instead, enjoy my article links and hopefully you'll come back soon. If I lose you, onwards and upwards.

Speaking of "onwards and upwards," does anyone know where this overly-used saying originated. I actually don't know for certain so please refrain from quoting me for your own dissertation, but I believe this comes from a play by the great Thornton Wilder: Our Town. I miss those days of playing George Gibbs. Sometimes I dust off the cover and start memorizing the lines again just to see where my emotions go. For anyone who has acted, falling into such a state is, on one hand exhausting and on the other hand, addicting. Even with a character as innocent as George, the mind immediately jumps back into the preparation: you become the character again. My stage experience is limited so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Until tomorrow, next week, or later in the day, of course...