Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Morning Coffee: "The Value of Independence" and "My Goals in Life"

I've linked to him before, but enough Fountainhead references and a new realm of attention is needed: who is Scott H. Young and what is he doing that is revolutionizing the concept of getting paid to "work"?

Why is Scott successful? Because he is contributing to conversations that resonate with a whole bunch of us. His recent posts, "The Value of Independence" and "My Goals for Life" touches an intrigued cord with a generation(s) of people trying to understand better themselves and the world flying by around them. In general, Young writes about independence, religion (or the lack thereof), literature, health--these are universal topics that have and will always bring natural interest if presented in an informed way; Scott does exactly that. His posts are not drenched in stale clichés like "everything happens for a reason" (if I read that on your blog: I'll rarely come back...sorry) but instead, he presents simple dialog that pushes the conversation forward: Young is branding himself (successfully) as a young, smart, ambitious, entrepreneur who is determined to live life on his own terms.

I've never thought about blogging to make money; on a good day, I might get 1000 eyes looking at my blog. The two primary reasons why I blog: to sift through and help consolidate the mass amounts of information I come across every day; to be truthful in capturing what's going on in my head--whether that be confusion, disillusionment, excitement, passion...whatever. I've been contributing to these general conversations (more from the sidelines) for awhile now and because of people like Scott, I'm starting to think about taking a more active role in the sphere.

I look forward to what Scott will contribute to the next conversation.

UPDATE: included a reference to SHY's other post "My Goals in Life"