Blog Source: Scott Y Young
Post: "Be Unique, Be an Uber-Geek"
I've been swamped since arriving back in the States but I came across an interesting blog post this morning: another solid Scott H. Young post. I have been thinking a lot about this topic lately and this should be a good place to begin developing my own take on the subject:
"...if you can separate yourself by picking your unusual passions and focusing on them, it is easier to be a winner. Unusual passions are the essence of geekyness, so embracing your inner geek is a good strategy.
Diagonal skill building involves taking the same reasoning a step further. If you have a pretty normal combination of skills, you face a lot of competition. However, if you have diagonal skills, or skills that don’t normally go together, you have an opportunity to build strengths other people can’t" (full post)
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
morning coffee: "Be Unique, Be an Uber-Geek"
Labels: morning coffee
