Source: Politico's Ben Smith
Post: "A Pre-emptive Strike from [Joe] Andrew"
"... I write this letter from my mom's dining room table in Indianapolis, Indiana. Four generations of my family have argued and laughed around this table. But what I humbly believe today is that we, as Democrats and as Americans, face what Dr. King characterized and what Senator Obama reminds us is the fierce urgency of now. As a nation, we are at a critical moment and we need leaders with the character and vision to see us through the challenges at hand and those to come. I can't guess what will happen tomorrow, so I can't tell you what kind of experience our next President will need to have to deal with those challenges. But I can tell you what kind of character and vision they will need to have--and that is what inspires me about Barack Obama"... (full letter)
The letter is quite long, but definitely worth the time. I've never even heard of Joe Andrew; now, I want to ask him to be my Facebook friend.
Nothing like getting inspired on a Thursday morning: I wonder if it's too late for me to get into politics. If more people had the guts to do what Andrew just did, our country would not only morally be what it once was, but undoubtedly better: American Values 2.0
Thursday, May 1, 2008
morning coffee: Inspired Endorsement
Labels: morning coffee
